Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A much needed trip!

In my last post I talked about the shocking news of Derrick already getting deployment orders. I have no reason to lie, it kills me to know he is already leaving. Had we not already planned to get an apartment and live together, maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but considering things were the other way around, yes, it is hard to accept. I originally got off work on Sunday so that I could get all of my furniture moved to North Carolina. No furniture ended up getting moved, but I certainly didn't waste my day off work. As a last minute decision, I got off work Saturday night at 10:30, came home and packed and I was on my way to Fort Bragg. I finally arrived around 4:30 am and all I can say is that he's lucky I love him! :) Even though there wasn't much to do, I had an amazing time all because I was with him. He showed me around base and we kind of explored the town. We figured we might as well now if were going to be living there for the next 4 years. I'm actually more excited then ever to start our lives together now that I know where everything is going to take place. I'm one of the most impatient people and it drives me crazy. Besides going to and graduating from basic, I now have another countdown that is about to begin!

On a side note, Derrick will be on his way home tomorrow for his 4 day weekend! (Columbus Day) Not only that, but he will be home on the 17th for a 10 day leave! Oh I just love how things are falling together!! Maybe this whole separation thing won't be so bad after all. It only makes me appreciate him more with the little time I do get with him!

2 comments: