Monday, October 10, 2011

Short & simple

Not too much is going on lately but I figured I would update anyways. Derrick came home on Thursday but of course I had to work all weekend. The only time we were able to spend together was when I got off work yesterday evening until he left at 6 am this morning. One thing I started to realize as he got out of bed and began getting ready to leave... the goodbyes are never going to get any easier. I will see him again in a week and I still bawled like a baby. That man means more then anything to me and it's so hard saying bye, even if for just a short period of time. All I can say is that I am so very thankful to have such a wonderful man in my life. Other then that, I will be dreadfully working all week long until he comes home for 10 days on the 17th! So many plans to be made for such a short period of time!

I just happened to think about it, 5 months ago today, Derrick left for his basic training! Going through all the pictures and looking back on all the memories in the process, I can't believe how much he has changed as a person and how much our relationship has grown.


  

I'll update again soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment