Thursday, December 22, 2011

GUILTY!

Okay! So I'm guilty for not updating this thing as much as I said I was going to in the beginning. I feel like lately I haven't done much of anything, but at the same time I feel like I never get a chance to rest. Working all the time seriously drains the life out of me!

My last few blogs have been about Derrick's deployment. Update? Well were still waiting. That's what you get when you deal with the government I guess. His set date which was printed on the orders he received was for the 14th, which didn't take long to get pushed to this past Monday, December 19th. Well last Tuesday night, I took a surprise road trip to see Derrick in North Carolina. We were so sure that he was leaving on Monday, so I wanted to spend some time with him before we had to say good-bye. Well of course once I get up there, he gets told that he won't be leaving on the 19th. His new date is now the 28th, which we don't see that falling through either. I only have one feeling about this situation. What the #%$%#$%!!!! It's so irritating-annoying-stressful-confusing. It's ridiculous! I am already so over this military thing. I never knew it was going to be this way and it drives me crazy!

On the bright side! I'm so so SOOO happy that Derrick is going to be home for Christmas!!! After he got off work this morning, he packed his things and drove home! I was so prepared to spend our first Christmas as a married couple apart, but I'm so ecstatic to know that he is here, safe and sound, and with me! 

No matter how much I complain and throw fits, at the end of the day, I love my husband. He is worth every bit of annoyance and agitation that the military brings me and that will never change. He IS what keeps me going and I am so grateful and thankful to call him mine. :-)

A few pictures from my last minute trip to North Carolina, and I'll update this weekend with Christmas pictures!

I hope everyone has a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment