Monday, January 16, 2012

Mixed emotions

It's been one of those days, excuse me, one of those weekends. My new job is great. I honestly think I'm going to enjoy it and I'm excited to see how it goes within the next month until I leave for training. Unfortunately though, it isn't doing what I hoped for it to. One of the main reasons I agreed to get a second job was to help keep me occupied... busy while Derrick is away. I honestly thought it would help the days go by quicker then usual. Up until now I have been okay with the fact that Derrick is across the world, thousands of miles away. It's starting to hit hard that he isn't going to be home for a long time and I have no idea how to deal with it. I'm starting to miss him so much more everyday and I'm hating every bit of it. I am a strong person and I will continue to be strong, but sometimes it sucks knowing I can't hold him or kiss him when I want to. I can't even pick up the phone to call or text him and it's driving me crazy! He is worth every bit of insanity though and I will continue to stand by his side even though distance stands between us right now. I love that man so very much that he doesn't even understand. 
Anyways! There's my daily venting :-)

"Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It is for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It is for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."

No comments:

Post a Comment