Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Every day is a blessing,

It's been a very exciting day, just to say the least! As horrible as waking up at 4:00 a.m. this morning was, I know 110% that it will be worth it in the long run. As of 1:00 today, I am now enlisted into the United States Army! Although I've felt very alone in the process, I know that my family stands behind me in their own individual ways and that's what means the most. I thank God every day for the life I have been given and for the people who have been placed into it. I have no idea where I would be standing today if it weren't for the people that I do have. I don't always show it the way I should, but a lot is about to start changing for the better!

Even more exciting news, Derrick and I have decided to get our first apartment together! We found one of the best deals on a beautiful complex and I'm more then excited to get the show on the road! Our move-in date is scheduled for this Saturday, on the 1st. The only problem? I'm in Georgia. I haven't even started packing and I'm already stressed to the max! First things first, I'm working on transferring to a restaurant up there just to make sure I have a guaranteed job. As soon as that gets worked out, I will be on my way to North Carolina! :)

As stressful and how nerve-wrecking things are going right now, I wouldn't change it for the world. This is what I've been waiting for and I'm going to make the best of it. I have no doubt that things will eventually fall into place, but each day is just a stepping stone. What ever the future may hold for Derrick and I, I am so very excited!

2 comments: