Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Another day, another good-bye

I woke up bright and early this morning to go get some breakfast with Derrick before he left for South Carolina. It was a easy, yet sad goodbye. Easy because I know I will see him again soon, but sad because I've gotten back into the habit of having him around. He got on the road at 9:30, and he was already in South Carolina by 11 am... Somebody was in a hurry?! I'm so excited though because I know a lot is about to change for the better, and I can't wait to start experiencing it! So many different emotions; happy-sad-scared-anxious-impatient, just to say the least!

On a side note, I finished all of my paperwork to enlist and I took my drug test today! At 4:45 tomorrow morning I will be on my way to MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) to take my physical, sign my contract and do my first swear in. Is it weird that I'm not really scared at all? I didn't think so until everyone kept asking me how I was staying so calm. I'm actually really looking forward to it though, and according to my paperwork, I will leave on March 12 and head to BCT & AIT in Fort Jackson, South Carolina. Ahhh!!

Well those are the two highlights of my day and it's only 12:30! More to come soon :)

Oh yeah, here's proof that I already have the most amazing man in the world! He's the best!

4 comments:

  1. I can not believe you are enlisting! This is so crazy to me, but so cool at the same time. Good luck!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's one of the last things I ever thought I would do! But thanks so much! I'm really excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I give you crap, I'm super proud of you! I love you Kiki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the heck! Since when do you have blogger :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete