Saturday, February 4, 2012

It's almost time for a new beginning!

Things have been steady lately and I actually feel like I have a life at home again. I quit Longhorn sooner then expected because of some things that went on, and I don't think I could be any happier. The original plan was to quit a little over 2 weeks before I leave so that I can spend time with family, but I'm glad with the way things worked out. I'm still at Kroger working 20 hours a week so that is an extra paycheck until I decide to quit. 
(Which I have no idea how I'm going to do!)

In better news, THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!
I officially have 30 days left until I leave for basic training! I can't believe how quick it is coming up and how real it is starting to feel. I am so excited to start a new part of my life, but I am also very sad to leave my home. Knowing that I won't be back here to live for atleast for a while is what makes things so hard. I remember going through this with Derrick, knowing Conyers/Covington isn't his home anymore. If he were to come home, it's only for a few days. That bothered me so much and I never would have thought I would go through it too.

Lately I feel like I have so much to do, yet I always find myself sitting around bored. Packing my room hasn't been much of a success. In one corner of my room is a lot of my things packed that I am taking to NC with me, but yet I still have SO much left in my room. It doesn't even look like I packed anything away and it's driving me crazy! I've been working out often and my run is starting to improve a little bit. Hopefully I can pull through and pass this PT test! :-)

I finally got Derrick's 2nd care package shipped out. I tried holding off as long as possible since he had just received his other one, but I couldn't help it anymore! I plan on making a smaller one and shipping it either right before I leave for basic or I will have a family member ship it for me in mid-March. I haven't really decided yet! It was a success though and I will post pictures!

This is where I stand on the packing. My little bitty car already won't hold all of this stuff, and the worst part is that I still have so much left to do!!

This is the completed picture of Derrick's Care Package! I posted a picture of just the box in the last post, which you can't even see the inside because it's so stuffed with stuff!


Military Survival Kit:
Lifesavers: To remind you that that's what you are.
Gum: To help your unit "stick" together.
Drink Mix: "Instant Drink" Add water and shake. 
(For when you are on maneuvers.)
Excedrin: Thank you, I know your job is a headache.

I had so SO much fun making this package!! I found the idea online and thought it was the cutest ever!
Anyways, that's about all for now. Will update again soon! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment